Not all of
- For personal customers, sole traders and unincorporated partnerships, most information we hold will be personal;
When you provide us with your personal information in any of the ways described below, you agree that we may collect, store and use it: -
- To perform our contractual obligations to you;
- Based on our legitimate interests for processing it;
- Based on your consent, which you may withdraw at any time in accordance with this Policy;
- Based on a legal obligation where we need to collect and use your information to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION:
We may collect information about you and any other party whose details you provide us with, when you:
- Contact us by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post;
- Place an order using our websites or other online sales platforms; this may include your name (including business name), postal address, email address, telephone number and payment details;
- Complete online enquiry forms;
- Apply to open an account with us;
- Transact with us in the sale and supply of products and services;
- Visit our websites and access the resources we provide;
- Apply for a job with us.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
We may use your personal information as follows:
- To maintain our relationship with you when you are a customer or supplier;
- To process orders and supply agreed goods and services to you;
- For invoicing, processing payments, account set up and maintenance;
- To communicate with you, by responding to your requests for information;
- To obtain your feedback on our products or services;
- For record-keeping, statistical analysis and internal reporting and research purposes;
- To ensure data security and provide you with access to secure areas of our website;
- To notify you about changes to our products and services;
- To notify you of any price changes;
- To monitor the quality of our products and services;
- For logistical purposes, including the planning of delivery routes;
- To investigate any complaint you make;
- To provide evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between us;
- To obtain credit references, credit check and for debt collection, fraud detection and prevention, and risk management purposes;
- To protect the rights, property and/or safety of Supac Ltd, its staff and others.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
All information you provide to
us, is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using the appropriate technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although
we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict
procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
We may send you direct marketing in relation to our own products and services by phone and post, as long as this is in line with any marketing preferences you have provided to us.
We will only send you direct marketing
in relation to our own products and services by email:
- Where you have consented to this; or
- Where you have not objected to this, and we are marketing similar products and services to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
Your agreement to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes is optional and if you choose not to consent, your visit to and use of our websites will not be affected.
You can choose to opt out
of receiving direct marketing information from us at any time, by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by emailing email@example.com
We will not sell, rent or otherwise make
personal information available to any third party.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It allows our websites to identify your computer as you view different pages on our websites.
Cookies enable websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also allow us to see information such as how many people use our websites
and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us to improve the structure, design, content and functions of our websites;
- Test content on our websites e.g. 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
You can use your web browser’s cookie settings to determine how our websites use
Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
7. HOW LONG WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We do not hold your personal information for longer than is necessary. We only retain the information in accordance with timescales applicable to the category of information concerned. The timescales take into account any
statutory or regulatory obligations we have to keep the information, our ability to defend legal claims, our legitimate business interests, best practice and our current technical capabilities. We delete or destroy
personal information securely.
8. YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO COMPLAIN:
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification, if any of the data we hold about you is inaccurate;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary as explained above, but if you would like us to delete
it sooner, please contact us using the details below);
- The right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portablility; and
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes.
If you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information, please contact Sarah Morgan on 01685 729850, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also contact us via post to Supac Ltd, Unit 3, Goatmill Road Industrial
Estate, Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 3TD.